Friday 8 July 2016

Reflections #7 - The Four Eyed Geek


My eyes caught a difference
In visage of one in sight
For she bore something
That shone her in a new light.

I moved across and asked her,
When did you join our brethren?
The society of the four eyed,
O fair and lovely maiden?

“Last year a purchase
A case behind did it cower
Took, though needed it I not
For my eyes bear low power!"

But with a glint in her eye
She said, " A guilty pleasure
For to feel like a geek
Was a silent treasure!"

I sighed saying, be not so wrong
Devices make not a geek
Knowledge of you I have
That make you what you seek!

Enjoyment of tales of faceless people
I know you do in your heart bear,
And of movies watched side by side
Your fixed gaze made it clear!

Shake of a head, ever so gently
Mutter words of disbelief
"Those are everyday things
Not of one called geek."

Ah but therein lies the truth
Truly myopic in what you seek
For there is little to differ
Those normal and those geek!



No comments:

Post a Comment