Friday 22 July 2016

Ramblings #2 - Sights and Screams (XL Diaries)


The view from my window is captivating yet somehow unsettling. Summers have come to an end, with the Rain Gods still deciding whether to drown or tickle us with its might.


But it’s the tree in front of me that draws my attention. My horrible skills at botanical nomenclature and a failed attempt at google images just leaves me with my limited descriptive abilities.

The tree in question bears red and yellow flowers. Which makes me question…do the flowers turn red as autumn approaches? How can yellow be a symbol of life and red the one of death?

Rusted dreams – never used and left in a corner only to suffer a natural death in the ravages of time.

Even as I write this, my eye wanders off into the distance as it picks out a single petal falling silently – victim to not time but its own fragility in the face of the might of a gentle breeze. I wonder how many of us even notice it?

People tell me about rebirth and how new flowers will adorn the tree which will soon be bare of its adornments. But I somehow cannot forget those passed by – I lose count of how many but the sight remains. And its the unbearable knowledge of a thread cut that passes through me.

Can no one hear their screams? Cause Sometimes I feel like they’re the only noises I hear…...and I can’t say whether it’s them or me who makes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment