Sunday 12 June 2016

Reflections #6 - Serial Victim

The Pen is a paradox
I love the way I write
But it’s a struggle sometimes
When dark overpowers light

I curse this fluid Pen
I curse this aching heart
I curse the grand words
A victim from the start

Oh what a folly it is to love
Who knew it gave so much pain
And yet I keep revisiting it
And get hurt again and again

And I write, oh so much I write
An outlet for the tear drops
Did I say an outlet? No, never.
The hurt never dulls nor stops.

I could cut myself a thousand cuts
And let them all heal
But what do you say to something
Dying inside but won’t finish the kill

And so a serial victim
Who revisits the scene of the crime?
Covered from head to foot
Soaked in failed love’s filth and grime

Fate and myself combine
To deprive for the sake of art
It was never a choice, I shout it out
That it came at the cost of a broken heart!

And I still walk on and on
And I still hurt more and more
I’ll keep on writing of doomed love
Until I pass through death’s door.

No comments:

Post a Comment