Sunday 12 June 2016

Reflections #4 - A Thousand Times


There was a time, a before
When things were easy
Where I just had to walk
And find that outstretched hand

Now it’s farther and harder to touch
And the will to move fades away
Maybe it was love, maybe it wasn’t
Who knows what it is today?

I can write her a thousand times
Yet I know nothing will sway
Somethings are inevitable
You can’t always do what you say

It’s easier to cut and bleed
Than to have an open wound inside
Rotting away what’s left of your heart
Saving something that’s meant to have died

I can write her a thousand times
And she will always reply
With a smile and a friendly tone
But its foolhardy to even try

There was a time, a before
It’s gone now – but I stayed back
Sometimes it’s hard to forget
What I had and now lack.

No comments:

Post a Comment