Sunday 28 June 2020

Reflections #15 - The Lonely God


A sheltered home with a closed door,

I often think of distant faded shore

And gaze at them from a screen

Dream of stories from pages within.

 

Where do you send the man with no home?

When everywhere is nowhere to roam?

Why doth one never belong?

Whose verses mould a swansong?

 

For as my walled mind cries in loss

Her ship demands sight of an albatross!

By design or by fate I shall not guide

Inertia takes me in its unmoving stride.

 

Maybe in the question doth the answer lie?

Some people belong at all places under open sky

And home is rendered just a thought,

In the end an idea too large to be sought.

 

For in the streets of Manchester I may walk

Or to myself, infront of a decadent window, talk.

My step is singular and my own wherever I take,

These walls will never my spirit break.


No comments:

Post a Comment