Sunday 23 December 2018

Ramblings #18 - Madness in the Moment



We are all a little mad, aren’t we? 

The things that inhabit our minds, if the Thought Police even got a whiff of, may send us to the literal bowels of a hellish landscape inhabited by the vilest of humanity’s cretins.

As our dearly departed Mrs Doubtfire one said, you are only given a spark of madness – you shouldn’t lose it. I think that is what drives us in this insane world. Cause it is insane isn’t it?

Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result – only now we don’t expect so must as observe. We went insane quite a while back, only we fail to grasp it in understanding in so much as it grasps us in its power.

But I think we give madness brutal misgivings, for it is often our savior in these tepid times. I know I write through my madness, I know I smile through it as well. When you realize how corrosive everything is, madness is the hidden step to logic’s door.

So, let me be mad. We are all mad here, right?

I don’t think sanity ever had a home here, sanity never made the world go round. For ordinary people, though I loath that term, it is all about finding a way to survive and maybe thrive while for extraordinary people, the ones that let their madness dictate them like a muse, it builds up wonderful moments in the history of our lives.

Do you get it now? Do you understand?

Madness is like gravity. Don’t worry about the push. It’s already there.

No comments:

Post a Comment