Sunday 2 July 2017

Chennai Chronicles - Prologue


Two months. My first 60 days.

Ok Chennai…you’ve been a gracious enemy in my mind. Let’s try to be friends now, if that's fine and dandy with you?

Another weekend is coming up and with it, brings more opportunities to fall in love with a place I never wanted to come to. But then, life happens when you are busy planning.

Chennai beforehand has been a faraway land, one I have rarely visited and certainly have no memories to form an opinion on. But then, referrals haven't been that nice - though having a Chennaite as one of my best friends has helped me realize that the labels have been unfair. 

Still, why so overtly pessimistic? Ah well…. can’t always help it. Not only have I found communication difficult, there’s little to do so outside the city. I can always read books or watch shows, but that doesn’t help me connect with the place I’m in. So much so that my visit to Bangalore was the first proper city weekend I had!

Work has been an exciting challenge, already filled with some highs and lows. The days have just flown by – especially when you have an awesome dig with great flatmates. But I’m looking forward to seeing some new faces (especially a certain library owner who has me intrigued given I myself harbour dreams of my own bookstore one day) and reconnecting with friends I made over an enlightening and engaging book meet the weekend before.

So, the weekend is the moment for momentum to build up – the first day of a new month! Let’s see what Chennai has to offer.

Ready…

Set….

Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment