Monday 30 May 2016

Reflections #3 - One Sided


Tell me slowly but surely
Is my love untrue?
For when so very clearly
It’s just me and not you?

Tell me in a friendly tone
Is my heart any less?
For in its thoughts - it is alone
Cause in kind you won’t address?

Here I stand tortured and broken
Moving on was never a choice
For once love has awoken
It can’t be dismissed as noise

Gazing longingly at your desk
Knowing there will be no together
An aching pain in my chest
Who knew the heart was such a bother?

So carry I must this pain
Till the end and beyond
For hidden it must remain
Else even friendship might abscond

For those minutes I speak
And you smile and reply
Whatever else may be so bleak
For a moment my heart can fly

It can soar and start to sing
Then you suddenly move away
And falling with a broken wing
The world grows dark and gray

So silent must my heart remain
Let no one speak even a thought
Here I sit, tortured and broken
At what cost was this day sought?

No comments:

Post a Comment