Saturday 8 April 2017

Reflections #12 - Growing Up



A numbness greets me,
Like an old friend.
And I wonder when
This meeting will end?

It tells me of loss,
An innocence I forgot.
An age seems to pass,
Missed but never sought.

It’s so very natural,
To grow and move on
Only in times of reflection,
We know what was gone.

We talk so much!
And think so little!
Strong sensitive souls,
Have grown so brittle.

We lie so much!
The truth dies slow.
Our honest tongue,
Knows not decent flow.

We hurt so much!
Ourselves and each other.
Never trusting a friend,
To not think us a bother.

And as I stand here
An insomniac near dawn,
I cannot imagine sleep
Even as I stifle a yawn.

For these thoughts haunt,
The monsters of my mind.
To think, once they were
Just under a bed to find.



No comments:

Post a Comment